Java Backend Engineer– Metro Vancouver
U-bicycle North America, established in August of 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is one of the world’s leading dock-less bicycle sharing platform that aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering global citizens with a greener, more efficient, and affordable mode of transportation. Our bicycles provide the public with a cost effective, efficient, and easy to use service for one to travel any distances long or short.
Our bicycle sharing service aspires to revolutionize our society’s current urban mobility concerns, and integrate cycling as the go-to method for short travels. We believe that cycling is an amazing way to alleviate the rising global concerns of congestion, pollution, high transportation costs and healthy lifestyle choices. Through bicycle sharing programs, we observed that it provides a flexible transportation method, reduces vehicle emissions, congestion, fuel consumption, and financial savings and provides riders with health benefits.
We are a growing company that values autonomy, performance, and potential and we are currently looking for another member to join the technical team in this rewarding experience. The Java Backend Engineer– Metro Vancouver is an important role in technology development of U-bicycle. Previous software programming experience needed.
For questions or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The Java Backend Engineer is Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and will be responsible for:
- The backend development & architecture design. Core module programming & tech docs composition
- Be skilled in Java design pattern, key language features, memory management strategy and the JVM principles.
- Master the SpringBoot/SpringCloud tech families and thoroughly understand the principles and common pitfalls of micro service systems.
- Be familiar with SpringMVC architecture and at least one or two of the prevalent relational/no-sql DB engines, such as MySql, Mongo.
- Preferable if having design & development experiences of systems with high concurrency, data-consistency and availability requirements.
- Preferable if being familiar with the common technologies used in IOT, such as MQTT/XMPP/808 TCP persistent connection protocols and having hands-on experiences with the Netty framework.
- Master the usage of such server-side caching technologies as redis, memcache.
- Good knowledge about and hands-on experiences with common MQ frameworks, such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, activeMQ.
- Be familiar with Linux commands often used for debugging & performance monitoring purposes.
- Be familiar with the mechanisms and core usage of HTTP/HTTPS communication protocols.
- Richmond and/or Metro Vancouver
- Full-time position
- Software Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years+ of Java backend programming experience.
How to apply:
Please send applications (cover letter & resume), with job title in subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that selection for this role may include background checks (credentials/education, credit, identity check) and references.
Thank you for your application in advance – due to volume only those selected for interviews will be contacted.