Operation Specialist – Richmond/ Metro Vancouver
U-bicycle North America, established in August of 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is one of the world’s leading dock-less bicycle sharing platform that aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering global citizens with a greener, more efficient, and affordable mode of transportation. Our bicycles provide the public with a cost effective, efficient, and easy to use service for one to travel any distances long or short.
Our bicycle sharing service aspires to revolutionize our society’s current urban mobility concerns, and integrate cycling as the go-to method for short travels. We believe that cycling is an amazing way to alleviate the rising global concerns of congestion, pollution, high transportation costs and healthy lifestyle choices. Through bicycle sharing programs, we observed that it provides a flexible transportation method, reduces vehicle emissions, congestion, fuel consumption, and financial savings and provides riders with health benefits.
We are a growing company that values autonomy, performance, and potential and we are currently looking for another member to join the operation team in this rewarding experience. The Operation Specialist, Richmond/ Metro Vancouver is an important role in daily operations of U-bicycle. As a Bicycle Operator, you will be providing general operation services for our bikes in Greater Vancouver, including maintenance, simple repair, re-distribution and so on. You will be working outdoors majority of the time and frequently engaging with users and the local community. As such, an approachable and affable demeanor will be expected at all times. Previous operations experience preferred but not required. Training will be provided.
For questions or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The is Reporting to the City Operations Manager, the Bicycle Operator will be responsible for:
- Deliver and distribute/re-balance bicycles to the designated areas in accordance with the requirements.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of bikes & helmets as required
- Recover vandalized or improperly parked bikes
- Simple bicycle repairs (i.e. tightening loose bolts);
- Bicycle deployment and re-distribution in bulk
- Technical savvy; use of Mobile App, program hardware and software;
- Community outreach & driving local partners engagement.
- Increase app download and ridership by driving local engagement initiatives and providing high quality customer service.
- Deal with local users, merchants and Government and keep good relationships with them.
- Cooperate with other team members to increase our bicycle usage.
- Follow company protocols and keep a log of work activities
- Interest & passion for bikes and cycling and willing to work. outdoors
- Valid Driver License class 5 in good standing is preferred
- Ability to load and unload bicycles independently.
- DIY person with minor mechanical abilities.
- Have basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Familiar with the City of Richmond.
- Richmond and/or Metro Vancouver.
Hours Per Week
- 20-40 hours per week, depending on your availability. Part-time and Full-time positions available.
- Operators, Operations,
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent;
- Bonus points if you have operations or bicycle maintenance experience
How to apply:
Please send applications (cover letter & resume), with job title in subject line, to: email@example.com.
Please be advised that selection for this role may include background checks (credentials/education, credit, driver license, identity check) and references.
Thank you for your application in advance – due to volume only those selected for interviews will be contacted.