QA Engineer – Metro Vancouver
U-bicycle North America, established in August of 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is one of the world’s leading dock-less bicycle sharing platform that aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering global citizens with a greener, more efficient, and affordable mode of transportation. Our bicycles provide the public with a cost effective, efficient, and easy to use service for one to travel any distances long or short.
Our bicycle sharing service aspires to revolutionize our society’s current urban mobility concerns, and integrate cycling as the go-to method for short travels. We believe that cycling is an amazing way to alleviate the rising global concerns of congestion, pollution, high transportation costs and healthy lifestyle choices. Through bicycle sharing programs, we observed that it provides a flexible transportation method, reduces vehicle emissions, congestion, fuel consumption, and financial savings and provides riders with health benefits.
We are a growing company that values autonomy, performance, and potential and we are currently looking for another member to join the technical team in this rewarding experience. The QA Engineer – Metro Vancouver is an important role in technology development of U-bicycle. Previous QA experience needed.
For questions or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The QA Engineer is Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and will be responsible for:
- The QA work on both external and internal products, categorized into functional testing, regression testing, stress testing and white box testing, etc.
- Have experiences with QA work on massive Internet projects (iOS/Android/Web)
- Be familiar with the usage of common QA tools.
- Be skilled in such UI automation frameworks as Appium (written in Python), with hands-on experiences preferable.
- Good knowledge about Java language, along with the networking and multi-threading model. Preferable if being familiar with JUnit or other similar unit testing tools.
- Be familiar with the basic techniques to carry out stress testing on high-concurrency server clusters, especially those with TCP persistent connections supported.
- Hands-on experiences with common server-side storage technologies, such as MySql, reds, memcache, Mongo, etc.
- Hands-on experiences with core Linux commands used for debugging & monitoring purposes.
- Be responsible, meticulous in work, have good anti-pressure ability.
- Richmond and/or Metro Vancouver
- Full-time position
- Software Testing Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years+ of QA experience.
How to apply:
Please send applications (cover letter & resume), with job title in subject line, to: email@example.com.
Please be advised that selection for this role may include background checks (credentials/education, credit, identity check) and references.
Thank you for your application in advance – due to volume only those selected for interviews will be contacted.